Please read these rules carefully before booking. Every rental agreement is subject to these rules, as well as rules posted in individual homes; violations can result in additional charges or termination of the booking.
Please read this page thoroughly before booking.
Before booking, please make certain of your plans. We do not hold residences and once you book we are turning down other requests.
1. How to Book: Call us or book online. Your reservation is confirmed when we send your booking documents, which must be signed and returned within 24 hours. We need to verify availability and price before confirming any booking.
2. Check-in and Check-out:
Check-in: Check-in time is 3:00 p.m. or after, at the property. All properties have lock boxes. Your reservation confirmation letter will have entry instructions and lock box codes.
Check-out: Check-out is 11:00 a.m. Our cleaners generally arrive at the properties promptly at 11:00 a.m.
Early Check-in and Late Check-out:Where possible, we offer an early check-in at 1:00 p.m. or a late check-out at 1:00 p.m., for a minimum fee of $50 or a fee equal to 20% of one night's rent; whichever is greater will be charged. You will need to call the office the day before to make this arrangement since a last minute booking for your check-in/check-out day will preclude an early check-in or late check-out.
Half-day Add-On: We may be able to offer a 7:00 p.m. checkout for some bookings, for a minimum fee of $100 or one-half the nightly rent; whichever is greater will be charged. This half-day booking can be arranged in advance, must be confirmed in writing and cannot be cancelled once it is confirmed, since it precludes a same day booking.
Additional Day: If you have requested an additional night, we will try to accommodate your request. However, if the unit is already booked, you must evacuate the premises at the 11:00 a.m. check-out. Failure to do so will result in an additional full night rent charge and the removal of your belongings to a storage area in the premises outside of the unit.
You can book online or by calling the office. You must have a valid credit card (Visa, MasterCard or Discover) which we will run within 24 hours for the full amount of the booking. Checks can be taken over the telephone as well, with your check number and the bank's ABA number.
Units booked within 60 days of occupancy must be paid in full.
Units booked more than 60 days prior to occupancy require 50% down.
Please contact us if some flexibility is necessary.
Prices subject to change without notice. On occasion, the database may not be programmed properly for holiday and monthly pricing, as those prices need to be agreed upon in writing via e-mail.
Full refunds are available if cancelled 60 days prior to arrival. For cancellations made 60 days or less prior to arrival, bookings are refundable only to the extent we are able to secure a replacement booking. Although we generally do re-book given a reasonable amount of time, there is no guarantee that we will. All refunds are subject to reimbursement of bankcard charges we incur (3%) plus a $50 cancellation fee. Occasionally we may be able to accommodate a change from one house to another for the same dates; in this instance, the $50 cancellation fee applies.
5. Household Furnishings and Supplies: Every residence will have the following items:
Some owners provide other cleaning and kitchen supplies and condiments, but, if these are present, they are compliments of the owner. Your unit has information on local stores and transportation.
- Refrigerator, microwave, coffee-maker, toaster or toaster oven, complete cookware, dishes, glassware, and flatware
- An initial supply of toilet paper (two extra rolls)
- One roll of paper towels
- Trash bags
- Dishwashing detergent
- Dish Towel (sponges not included)
- DVD Player
- CD Player
- Bed linens
- Bath towels (one set per person; if you do find more towels and you use them, you must launder them and put them away before departure)
If you want kitchen sponges, a hair dryer and a specific type of soap, please bring them. Some owners supply liquid soap and others supply bar soap; some will have sponges, some will have hair dryers; each unit is different.
6. Adjustments: Please check your home carefully when you arrive. If you should discover any problem with the house, please report it to us immediately. We do not generally issue refunds for any condition beyond our control, such as power outages, water or plumbing system breakdowns, TV cable black outs or problems, appliance malfunctions, and the like, and in no event are refunds issued for a problem we had no opportunity to resolve. Owners are responsible for maintaining their homes in the best possible operating condition, but are not always aware of problems. If a problem should occur, we will make every effort to rectify the situation during your stay. If you decide to leave earlier than your departure date, there is no refund unless we can re-rent the nights.
7. Trash: When you leave your rental, please remove all food (except condiments, spices, tea and coffee), and place all trash in the trash collection bins (instructions in your residence should state the location of the trash bins). If you fail to recycle, you will likely exceed the trash capacity of the cans.
Some properties are dog-friendly, but can remain so only if dog owners strictly adhere to the rules. Violation of any of these rules will mean additional charges and in all likelihood you will be barred from future bookings. You must abide by these rules:
9. Condition of Residence on Arrival and Departure:
- No dogs allowed on furniture unless on a blanket you provide.
- Dogs must be crated if left alone in the house.
- You must clean up after your dog.
- Please keep your dog on a leash outside the house.
- Do not allow dogs to bark and annoy neighbors. Dogs left alone in strange houses or in strange yards will almost always bark or engage in destructive behavior.
- Please groom your dog if your dog is a shedding type and make sure there is no dog hair on the furniture when you depart.
- Dogs are no longer allowed on lawns (people want to sunbathe or children want to go barefoot but always end up stepping in dog poop).
- Dogs are not allowed in any yards unattended.
10. Noise: City houses are located next to each other in predominately residential areas. We ask that you respect the tranquility of the area. If you are in a unit above another, please remove your shoes prior to entering, to minimize noise. If you have children, please do not allow them to run up and down the halls or scream. Most units that take children have parks nearby or a patio or yard; please make use of these with your children. Please be respectful of the neighbors and other guests in the building.
- Your home will be clean upon your arrival, although occasionally there may be some overlap. We run a tight cleaning schedule and if a party delays leaving a house, this may cause the cleaning crew to finish cleaning your house a bit behind schedule. We ask for your patience if it does occur.
- Please leave the home in good condition. Our agreement with housekeeping is that they do not have to wash your dishes! Please make sure all dishes are washed and put away before you leave. There's a minimum $15 charge if you leave dirty dishes. We ask you not to move the furniture during your stay; if you do, please replace it. Otherwise, we have to send staff to move it back and we will have to charge you for the service call.
11. Additional Guests: No guests are permitted in the residence other than the number specified in your rental agreement, without prior approval. In general, you can have two additional day guests with prior approval, without charge. Occasionally, we will permit a few more day guests for a fee, but only with prior approval. Occupancy for each house is strict and absolutely no parties with excess guests are permitted. If excess overnight guests, or more than two day guests are discovered, we will terminate the booking without refund. If we make the discovery after the booking is over, we will assess a $1000 fee.
12. Smoking: There is absolutely no smoking permitted in any residence. If you or your guests violate this rule, you will be banned from future rentals and charged a $100 fee.
13. Loss or Damage: In renting a residence, you are agreeing to indemnify and hold harmless the owner of the vacation home, SF Holiday Rentals, and its employees and agents, for any injury or loss to any member of your party unless the injury or loss was due to gross negligence of the owner. You must promptly report to us any unsafe or hazardous condition at the home.
14. Blocked Toilets: We test all toilets and sinks prior to arrival to ensure they are in working order. Feminine hygiene items and large amounts of tissue will tend to block the toilets. In the event your party creates an overflowing toilet that you cannot unblock with a plunger in the house, you will need to call a plumber at your expense. Plumbers like Roto-Rooter, with 24 hour emergency service, can often respond faster than local plumbers. If you leave a house with a blocked toilet, we will charge your credit card or invoice you for the cost of unplugging it.
15. Electrical Issues: Some houses in San Francisco were built over 100 years ago and sometimes circuit breakers will trip. If you note a partial outage, please go to the breaker panel and check the breakers. If one or more is slightly ouit of alignment, you need to click the breaker firmly to the off position, then click it firmly back on. It should click into place. If this does not restore power, then call us. Location of circuit breaker box should be listed in the instruction sheet.
16. Lost and Found: Please check the closets, drawers and under the bed for your personal belongings; check for any battery chargers in outlets. If we have to retrieve items to send back, there will be a $20 service charge, plus the cost of the postage. Items will be held for one week after our first attempt to contact you. If we receive no response within the week, items will be donated.
17. Commercial Use: Commercial use of our properties is strictly forbidden without a contract for the specific use.
18. Rental of More than One Residence: If you rent units in close proximity to one another, the following rules apply:
19. Rental Residence Unavailable: On rare occasions, a house subject to a rental agreement may become unavailable due to various circumstances. Generally this will happen when a house sustains significant damage or a major appliance or utility is out of order (heating unit, refrigerator, etc.). In this unfortunate event, we reserve the right to offer to move your booking to the most comparable home available or issue a complete refund. If you opt for a replacement home that is more expensive, you will need to pay for the upgrade. We will not be liable for any collateral expenses or emotional harm due to the unavailability of a home.
- No items will be moved from one unit to another.
- Guests moving between the units will respect the quiet of the neighborhood and refrain from loud noise and boisterous behavior on the street, particularly at night. Neighbors treasure their peace and quiet, they value access to their driveways, and they are quick to complain if our guests create problems in either area.
- Unless you are occupying the entire building, guests from two or more units will not spend the bulk of their rental time at a unit other than the unit in which they are sleeping. Having guests from one unit spend most of their time at another unit unfairly burdens that unit and creates a risk of neighbor complaints.
20. Parking: Most residences have only street parking available. If off-street parking or garage parking is available, it will be listed in the description of the unit. San Francisco has excellent public transportation and most areas are accessible by several bus lines.
21. Lost Keys/Lockbox Trouble Guests are responsible for lost keys. Guests will be billed for locksmith fees or management fees at $85.00/hour to remedy the problem. Guests are advised to keep the unit keys in the lockbox at all times so that other guests in the property have access to the keys.
Any expense incurred to send someone to help open a lockbox will be charged to the guest, if it is determined that the lockbox is operating perfectly.
SF Holiday Rentals - 1 415 826 0555
Four night minimum rentals are preferred, however, two night rentals are available the week prior to stay or during slow periods. Check the calendar or call the office for last minute weekend bookings. June through September, only one-week minimum bookings are accepted. Management has the right to cancel reservations not adhering to this policy. Weekly rate is applicable for stays of two weeks or more. Please contact us if your reservation is rejected, we make every effort to try and accommodate your request
For those traveling with infants and young children, all types of baby equipment can be rented via www.babysaway.com. Please contact them in advance to secure the equipment you need to make your stay more pleasant.
Currently we have no homes that are fully wheelchair accessible. We do have homes that are fairly level-in, but none have ramps and most of the bathrooms and bedrooms are too small for a wheelchair to maneuver easily. Our staff is not able to determine whether a particular home would be suitable enough for a guest in a wheelchair and we urge you to visit homes in advance to make this determination. We cannot give refunds or generally move you to another house because of this issue. This is an issue we would like to be able to address better in the future, but unless owners are willing to provide ADA-compliant homes we are not in a position to make representations about wheelchair accessibility.
The privacy of our visitors to sfholidayrentals.com is important to us.
At sfholidayrentals.com, we recognize that privacy of your personal information is important. Here is information on what types of personal information we receive and collect when you visit sfholidayrentals.com, and how we safeguard your information. We never sell your personal information to third parties.
As with most other websites, we collect and use the data contained in log files. The information in the log files include your IP (internet protocol) address, your ISP (internet service provider, such as AOL or Shaw Cable), the browser you used to visit our site (such as Internet Explorer or Firefox), the time you visited our site and which pages you visited throughout our site.
Cookies and Web Beacons:
You can choose to disable or selectively turn off our cookies or third-party cookies in your browser settings, or by managing preferences in programs such as Norton Internet Security. However, this can affect how you are able to interact with our site as well as other websites. This could include the inability to login to services or programs, such as online booking.
BACK TO HOME PAGE